The best home business opportunity in Canada right now is building and promoting an online store. This is not as easy as it sounds, though. You need to know something about hosting websites, databases and a means to set up your store. This could be expensive to build if you don’t know how to do it yourself. Magento is a self-hosted open source program you can use to design and build an online store. This, however, is still not easy. You really need to have previous web design, php, and mysql experience.
Follow these simple steps to start your own home business in Canada:
1. Come up with a great business idea. Figure out a way to make people’s lives easier or somehow better, make something cheaper or better, find an area of stress in your own life, figure out how to improve that and then sell it. It is likely that if something bugs you or stresses you out, then it also affects others.
2. Register a domain name.
3. Register a business name (that’s similar to your domain name) at your provincial office.
4. Build a website. There are infinite options depending on what you’re looking for. If you have absolutely no experience then do a Google search for easy website builder. There are lots of free trials out there, so find one you’re comfortable with.
5. Sign up for PayPal, Google checkout, or a merchant account service.
6. Promote, promote, market, and then promote some more. Once you have all the registration done for your business in Canada and you have built a website, then you need to get people to your site. The more traffic you receive, the more money you will make. Your full time job now is to promote your website.
7. Enjoy your life and allow for personal time. It is easy to become a workaholic when you love what you do and you do it from home. Money is not everything. Please don’t forget to allow time to spend with family, friends and loved ones. This is the true key to happiness.